Do you have experience with FUTURELIGHT PHS260 or 575

tomy364

Do you have experience with FUTURELIGHT PHS 260,575 or 750 MOVINGHEAD spot,it`s new product from FUTURELIGHT???

I have spoken with some people who use older versions of movinghead from FUTURELIGHT and they have positive experience.

They told me that FUTURELIGHT products are better than SHOWTEC and they are very similarly to ROBE.

I know that for big events like concert you must have sirious equipment like MARTIN,CLAYPAKY.......but I work small events like

presentation for company`s, day open door`s, weddings and.......

Could you suggest me !!!

Futurelight look like best buy!?

THNX

With the more expensive units you pay for optics and ease of maintenance. With the cheaper models you might find yourself asking which have better support/service, rather than which is better.

Have you tried searching the forum? I've read quite a few posts regarding the newer models. The older models were actually identical to Robe and made in the same factory although now they have gone their separate ways AFAIK.

Do you have experience with FUTURELIGHT PHS 260,575 or 750 MOVINGHEAD spot,it`s new product from FUTURELIGHT???

I have spoken with some people who use older versions of movinghead from FUTURELIGHT and they have positive experience.

They told me that FUTURELIGHT products are better than SHOWTEC and they are very similarly to ROBE.

I know that for big events like concert you must have sirious equipment like MARTIN,CLAYPAKY.......but I work small events like

presentation for company`s, day open door`s, weddings and.......

Could you suggest me !!!

Futurelight look like best buy!?

THNX

Futurelight products were made by Robe when they first started out, but when Robe decided to manufacture there own products Futurelight products moved to china,I think there part of Showtec now? shame Because there new stuff now,Build quality has gone,they have lost there high end market,The Futurelight website Might help you.

We always seem to get bogged down with these topics, and most comments relate to rumour or perhaps worse still, an individual's own experience.

If I buy two heads, and one goes wrong - that's (to me) a 50% failure rate - something to broadcast at all costs to save other people having the same problem. If I ad bought 50, and 1 went wrong - I'd be recommending to everyone how good they were. Multiple posts build into trends - and these are the things that are important. The trouble is, we rarely have enough info to build up trends - so, we rely on individual reports.

In the days when Robe were 'quiet and unheard of' - they produced kit for plenty of peple. The Futurelight and Coemar ranges were virtually identical, apart from an odd swap or two in the attribute list. Now they source product from China.

When I'm thinking about buying Chinese kit for a project, especially to either hire or sell on, I search the dealers looking for two things. The first is a dealer who shifts plenty of them, avoiding the places with a web presence, but nothing actually in stock. From my own experience, spares for Chinese kit (not just in our area) are always going to be difficult. As I understand it, when a dealer buys a pile of fixtures, it's usual practice for the supplier to include a package of the common spares. Lifespan of Chinese kit is always going to be shorter, because spares will dry up, as the plants move to their next product. If an unusual spare is required, some dealers will rob the part from a stock item, then re-order replacements to put back in the stock unit - keeping customers happy.

In the case of a big manufacturer the spares operation is much better managed, so lifespan is longer, and spares are more secure in their availability.

When considering two different fixtures - let's say a Martin or one of the Chinese products - there are quite a few important considerations.

Cost

reliability

Features

Performance (and no doubt a few others)

As a buyer - reliability is the difficult one. My trick is to see which products dealers who offer three year guarantees actively promote. Thomann is a good example. They have some Chinese product in stock - but sometimes not all of a manufacturers products. In addition, I look for their retour stock, to see what people have bought, didn't like, and returned. So I tend to use this as an indicator of performance. Somebody buys one with a good spec and price, it gets delivered, but is grim - so they return it for a refund. Thomann then sell it on as a returned item.

So far - this system produces a decent list of what a big firm like them find reliable. I guess it isn't infallible, but it is a good indicator. Then I usually buy buy the same product from a UK source.

On the spares issue, there is a small benefit from having lots of re-badged product from the same source sold under different names - more sources to try for spares. I needed a sensor for a Coemar wash light. Same part in Coemar, Futurelight and Robe - no problem.

A trawl of the net seems to produce positive comments on these products

review 1

Thomann stock them - so you've got 3 years to make your mind up.

Comments above were based on an installers experience across multiple venues - the service contract was eaten up and became a loss after a matter of weeks across all the venues. The heads were the best of a bad bunch and better than the scans and centerpieces, but still failed repeatedly. Spares took weeks and there was little helpful service backup from Futurelight UK. Given the results with installations I'd dread to think how they'd fare if toured. Installer has since moved to Robe in cases where the customers won't pay for Martin.

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,My company are the new distributors for the whole Futurelight product range.I dont understand why people are having issues with spares...there is even still quite a lot available for the old models 660, 640, 860, 840 etc...www.fut-euro.co.uk
Do you have experience with FUTURELIGHT PHS 260,575 or 750 MOVINGHEAD spot,it`s new product from FUTURELIGHT???I have spoken with some people who use older versions of movinghead from FUTURELIGHT and they have positive experience.They told me that FUTURELIGHT products are better than SHOWTEC and they are very similarly to ROBE.I know that for big events like concert you must have sirious equipment like MARTIN,CLAYPAKY.......but I work small events likepresentation for company`s, day open door`s, weddings and.......Could you suggest me !!!Futurelight look like best buy!?THNX
My company are the new distributors for Futurelight, so if we can be of assistance, please contact us. www.fut-euro.co.uk

Archived