Q Commander 512DMX Controller

Ash

Hi guys

I am a volunteer with a local theatre company for youths and have recently been assigned to take charge of a DMX board with 4 moving heads. I am figuring out how to program a show but having some difficulty with programming a chase.

Cant seem to get the effect of the moving heads moving from side to side for a dance sequence.

Would appreciate some help.

:)

Anybody familiar with the Q Commander DMX board? It takes a bit of work to figure out the full functions. I am still flamoxed on how to create a chase.

Anyone care to share and comment on the Q COmmander??

Ah the Q-commander. The bane of my first experience with moving lights. It does the job, but impliments things in odd ways, and for a few reasons I would stay away from them...

*PCMCIA backups - expensive, not easy to come by

*Limited fixture library

*No partial-mode programming - when you program a step/scene, whatever is being output is recorded, regardless of whether its changed or not

*Touch pads are too sensitive - running your finger along them can activate them

With regards to programming a chase, I can't tell you specifically (it was around 3 years ago when I last used one) but Lightfactor do a free training video for the Q-commander which takes you through step by step. If I remember correctly, you have to plot each scene in a chase seperatly, then set up the chase and tell it which scenes you want it to access.

My 2ps worth.

right, I can advise here, as im using a Q-commander at the moment.

If you have MSN, then add me to your buddys, I can then chat to you, its easyer, my account name is

vinceroadie@msn.com

if you dont have MSN, then I will advise on here, but it may be a long essay, to exsplain.

vince

Archived