Advice wanted.

lampieman

Hi, I have being offered 2 Claypaky Miniscan HPE's, 2 Martin Pro 518s and a set of 4 Robocolour2's for £1500, there is 2 main things 1 miniscan doesnt reset and the 518's are purple, now what I need to know is this a good price and also does the fault sound very serious in the sense that I wont be able to fix it? the miniscans are flightcased!

Gareth

ps if in wrong place please correct me.

I reckon that lot would be worth a grand on E bay if they were fully working. The Miniscan's are quite well built but you would probably have to get someone who knows about them to repair it, which will cost you more.

if I get Private deal. but I have being told Clay Paky are complete and utter ##### which I dont beleave but hey, all I seem to get told atm is Robe is best robe is best.

I am now completely confused as what to buy, I hate the Lighting industry now.

Gareth

Yes you can get a Robe, or perhaps squeeze to 2x Robe 160XTs, but you certainly wouldn't be able to get 4 colour changes and 4 250w moving mirror fixtures for £1,500 without some serious discount!

Stu

The miniscan HPE's are worth at least £750 each tho...

Working Miniscan's tend to fo for about £250 a pop on Ebay. Robocolours in sets of four also tend to go for the same sort of money. I wouldn't expect the 518's to be that much more expensive either.

Working Miniscan's tend to fo for about £250 a pop on Ebay. .

not in the last year they havn't.

AC just shifted a load at £750

Stage Elec want £850

list price new is about £1800+vat

Sounds like a fair deal to me. I would ask a Clay Paky dealers advice on the repair.

I have used Miniscan HPEs and always thought they are very well featured for their class. I've had a lot of fun

I don't believe Clay Paky are '####.' I do believe as one of the mainstays of the hire market they are usually very well used, and a lot aren't well maintained.

Robe is good value for money, but no-one seems to have noticed that robe is taking off where coemar left... and I've been told that the same nightmarish service still exists... unconfirmed rumour tho.

What are you aiming to do with this lot?

It is true Robe manufactured for Futurelight, TAS, and Coemar until they decided to go under there wn name, so all new models from the likes of they are taken by someone else.

can people give me help with Robe scans and what I will be looking price wise for them?

any dealers or Repairers around that could maybe give me a costing to fix the Miniscan?

Gareth

Archived