BNC pigtail cut off camera - Is there a fix?

boyblue

The tecnician that installed my cameras cut the BNC (Female) pigtail off all but one of my cameras (I guess he didn't have any BNC connectors at the time); he joined raw wire and crimped it. Some of them were cut as little as 1/2" away from the block that power & video lines come out of.

Can the lines be joined back - How?

What a pillock! You don't say what the cameras are, but if they had flying leads as termination points, I'd guess small security type things. I'd assume it can be done by opening the things up and terminating new cables to the board?

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes they are as you described, small security type cameras. There are 2 nicer ones in the bunch as I have begun phasing out the low end (3 bullet & 3 domes) stuff I bought for the initial install.

I dont know that I can find that single cable that splits off into power & video I guess I will have to add two seperate wiires where there is now one.

If I can't get into the bullets how effective would souldering be? Would you say 100%? 90%?

MU45Y SCART+PSU Kit £14.99 from Maplin is a 4 core cable for sound composite vid and 12vDC for cameras, and it is not even screened. It works!

Your task could be done with the minimum of wire to join the old wire and some new coax with a few bits of heatshrink for insulation and strength.

Stuff like the MU45Y SCART is just not carried in these parts. I did see the connectors on the board of the dome cameras but I'd have to order finding the replacements. My best hope was if I could find a BNC female to female cable. No Dice.

I went by the guys that did the installation and they found some that had been cut off other cameras so I'm good.

Archived