Backgrounds for school production

allymoss

Hi,

I am doing a school production and they need background effects but not making actual scenery so they said project it on. I do as I am told!

It is things like flying through stars (like the screensaver) etc and other stuff like that. Is there a FREE pack you can get with loads of animated GIFs you can get or small video clips that people use???

Any other ideas would be good. The budget is £0 so no paid for stuff unless it is amazing and I might persuade someone to pay!

I'd say that finding any free 'stuff' is going to be tricky. Remember that someone somewhere is likely to have been paid to reate anything worth using, and so the person doing the paying will want to recoup some (or quite possibly more) than they laid out!

And finding something free that also by coincidence suits your specific needs (whatever they are) is maybe closer to impossible!

Very few things in this world are free these days. You can negotiate discounts (sometimes) and twist arms if you have the clout, but unfortunately a school production is possibly not going to be able to get too far that way.

Best bet? Go back to the teacher who asked for the effect. Start by asking EXACTLY what they envisage. By all means search again for the ideas when you have a better understanding of what is required. But you'll ultimately end up having to go back and say that if they want the effect they're gonna have to pay for it.

Unless, of course, your school has a computer whizz-kid club who'd like to write something for the Kudos.....

I made some simple videos for our last school production (Forbidden Planet) using cut-out pictures off the net and the stop-motion method. It all went down a treat although no clip was more than a few seconds long. They were projected as inserts in a PowerPoint show.

We do this quite often in our school. Content is usually created by the kids and then imported into ArKaos. There is a demo on there website that is pretty much unlimited for 30 days (I think). If you buy it there are some pretty usefull videos included.

Archived