Christie LX25 Remote Receiver

SceneMaster

Hi guys,

A quick question about the Christie LX25 (Model: 28-VIV208-03).

The install in question (a small old church, high ceiling mounted) has been in place for about 2 years and the projector is operating fine however the remote sensor is at the front of the unit making the use of the remote to alter sources and other settings (including black out mode) mid-service rather difficult. Currently the projector operator has to go to the front of the church which isn’t ideal as it looks messy and is generally a hassle. I have seen in the past plug in remote receivers for various projectors which could then be placed on top of the projector mount and pointed towards the back of the church. After reading the manual and searching the net I couldn’t find anything specific for this projector. I was wondering if anyone could think of solution to this (apart from combining all sources though a vision mixer as their isn’t the budget or the need). I was wondering if a generic remote receiver would plug into the USB port on the projector which is usually used for connection to the computer but I doubt this.

Any ideas would be gratefully received…

quickest thing I could think of would be to buy a DMX projector shutter, ratchet and safety it to the top, run a piece of DMX cable back to the operator position along the loom and purchase a cheap DMX controller. Only requires 1 channel and is very reliable

There is a less complex solution which I have seen work. Gaffa a strategically placed bit of mirror on so you can use it from somewhere better. In your case I guess just a mirror far enough in front you can see it from control and still have it hit the projector. I promise I've this work on 2 separate projectors and whilst it may not be tidy it does the job.

Check the remote doesn't have a minijack socket on it. If it does, then you can use standard audio cables to connect this to the projector. The larger units in the range have minijack inputs, but can't remember if the LX25 does.

The Christies also have a control port, which when combined with the correct serial cable and software you can control various functions including source switching and IIRC blanking. PM me if you want more info.

Archived