anyone got the RS code for them??

Below is the Martin Part number

62003023 - PCB Hall sensor, short version

62003028 - PCB hall sensor, dual sensor

Don't know the RS no. but maybe this helps? :rolleyes:

http://www.martin.com/service/tsp/pix/62003023.jpg

http://www.martin.com/service/tsp/pix/62003028.jpg

• 7 months later...

Out of interest, did the OP find an RS part number for the Martin hall effect sensors? I'm now in a similar position (requiring more than a couple of these to fix units), and would rather buy just the chips at normal prices.

I'm struggling to read the chip number from my units, so, alternatively, if someone has the time, could they jot down any part numbers printed on the chip itself?

Thanks!

Not sure about the new poster, but for me it is a "last option"

My current employer prefers for me to try all avenues of replacing individual components before replacing boards, we pretty much have a "if it aint burnt/phsycally broken, it can be fixed" attitude in my workshop.

Ok, it does seem a little counterintuitive to me to pay someone to search for a cheaper component, which has to be soldered on, rather than pay £2 more to get it on a pcb so it can be swapped out quicker...

Also, how come you're getting through hall sensors? Sorry if I'm teaching grandmothers to suck eggs but we had a problem with all the sensors on our Mac 250+ (gobo more than colour). We kept getting feedback errors. Re-heating the solder on the small PCB with the hall sensor mounted on fixed it. We eventually changed it to high temp solder, so it wouldn't melt from the heat of the lamp, and they now work fine!

Hope that helps!

Chris

Age, physical damage, whatever the cause, I'd like to be able to purchase some new sensors!...

Been quoted around £6 for a Martin single sensor pcb. I figure the actual sensor is likely to be around about £1, plus 2 minutes of my time. Hey, I'm a cheapskate! I figure if I do that 4 times, then I've got £20 to spend on something else...

Plus many sensors can be de-souldered and swaped without "dis-mounting" the PCB, Ie.. with a battery souldering iron can be replaced on site by only removing the cover of a mac.

Even faster in the workshop when you have a bench soldering iron and de-souldering iron thats always hot if I´m there.

For me. Fact is the "WHY" is because my boss says thats my role within the company.

Archived