PowerPoint Theme needed

iamchristuffin

Hi guys, just a quick question!

I've in charge of AV for my next big production, Oh! What A Lovely War, and for the newsreel images I've had the idea of doing the slides as if they were the front of a newspaper. The thing is, I can't find a PowerPoint slide or theme that looks like this.

So, my question is whether anyone knows where I could find such a slide?

Thanks

you want it to look something like this?

http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/asstd3/ww2-newspaper.jpg

or this?

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/images/uc68a.1.jpg

How about going to your local library, collecting some comparative source material for historical reference, talking to your director about the artistic style of the piece, assessing the spatial visibility of your transmission mechanism from all seats in the auditorium, discussing with the lighting, set, and costume designers about what will be on stage at the same point in time, checking with the stage manager about relevant cast blocking and then creating something that is appropriate and fitting for the situation?

Or would that be too close to actually doing a design for you?

Sorry.

James

Actually, James, I have already started doing that, but, as it isn't a completely unique idea, I was wondering whether anyone had created a theme already, so I could spend just a bit more time on my 3 A levels!

What you've described sounds just like what I'd do for any normal design. Just because I'm still at school, don't automatically assume I'm lazy. I just want to do well in my exams too!

Chris

Actually, James, I have already started doing that, but, as it isn't a completely unique idea, I was wondering whether anyone had created a theme already, so I could spend just a bit more time on my 3 A levels!

What you've described sounds just like what I'd do for any normal design. Just because I'm still at school, don't automatically assume I'm lazy. I just want to do well in my exams too!

Chris

Chris

Of course you point out the problems with internet communications.

I answered based on assumptions made based on the 73 words you used in your original question. I don't know how Lazy or not you are as I don't know you. All I know is you ask a simple question As a simple experiment I've just had a go and it took me about 10min to knock this up...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ukfdb/blue%20room/NewYorkPaper.jpg

Now, hopefully I've grossly misunderstood your initial question or you thought that someone might have a template to save you how much work?

James

As I've said, I have already started working on a theme and slides as you have above, but I was simply wondering whether anyone else had done the same before me, and so could save me doing it again. Of course, I would then have edited it a bit to make it fit what the director wanted.

Hope this clears it all up!

Archived