Budget Digital Crossover Options

SteveAATW

avsounddave: Maybe the crossover slopes do lie, but for that price you can't argue

your right you can't argue with that price tag. I just prefer the DRPA as a budget crossover and not the dcx.

paulears they are a ball of crap compared with a xta or Dolby lake! but there in a different league and no point even starting an argument.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be interested to see the graphs - I've had a Res 1 through both my DP226 and the DCX and couldn't really tell any difference in the response, other than the slight no-signal noise with the DCX. Are the breakpoints not what they seem or is it the slopes that are wrong?

Yes, I'd be keen to see whether the poor x-over outputs are mirrored by other manufacturers as well.

got my dead dcx working again! actually surprised! I'll try and have test results in a few days I can't test the drpa and 260 and 480 for a few weeks because there on a job but I can test it against a martin dx1 which is basically a xta dp

I think the most relevant comparisons are with the DRPA. Everything is in a different league, but it'd be interesting to see how good the 'good' ones are.

Also be good to hear your methodology so everyone is aware of the conditions the tests were undertaken in.

Archived