stairville led 64

Guest dj_cuthbert

Guest dj_cuthbert
do any of you know how to get stairville led par 64 can's on lightjockey.At the minute im some issues with my boss cause I cant seem to get these lights working on the program!

Guest dj_cuthbert
A quick search would have turned up this, among other things. Does that help?

no not really my ligtjockey does not have stairville par 64 fixture profile so I need a bit of informatiom on how to patch it into the generic profile

First three channels will be RGB. Patch as normal dimmer channels & that's all you really need. Patch additional channels to determine what other functions they have and whether you need them.

If Pulsar Chromafixture is available this will work (as will almost any basic LED fixture esp. Showtec LED Par) though obviously your start addresses must be multiples of actual number fixture uses (either 5 or 6)

Here is the channel details I worked out from personal experience

1=Nothing

2=Red

3=Green

4=Blue

5= Nothing

When channel 1 and 5 are dimmed at random levels light goes into certain modes such as chasing or audio trigger etc. Nothing Special Really

Hope this helps

Alan

Sorry, but that looks very wrong to me. Are you sure you addressed your units correctly?

They should be:

1-Red

2-Green

3-Blue

Then five ch. units will continue:

4-Strobe

5-'effect' (ie. sound-to-light etc.)

Six ch. units if any existed in Stairville format will be:

4-Macro

5-Strobe

6-'effect'

Simply add a 6 channel Generic into your Fixture Configuartion, ensure the address is set correctly on the LED (some units require you to set dip swtich 10 to ON when using DMX), and have a play with the 6 channels in LJ.

For my units, channel 1 is intensity, and 2 - 4 control RGB.

Hope this helps.

Jamie

Sorry, but that looks very wrong to me. Are you sure you addressed your units correctly?

Looks the same as mine (although they're 56s rather than 64s). As mentioned in other threads, there are several versions of these things around, with small or large differences between their settings & functions.

Some of these profiles are in the wiki, but I think there are others out there not yet included.

Well, My Stairvilles definately work on the method I've listed below - I know cause I read it in the instruction sheet that came with them. And they work too!!!

1=nothing

2=red

3=green

4=blue

5=nothing

I'm sure a quick email to thomann will resolve this situation otherwise

And you have to remember all this stairville stuff is chinese so it doesn't conform to these standardisation rules etc etc

I hope this helps

Alan

Well, My Stairvilles definately work on the method I've listed below - I know cause I read it in the instruction sheet that came with them. And they work too!!
I'd say that it's probably an addressing issue - there are quite a few dip-switch addressed units where you set "Address-1" on the switches rather than "Address"

- ie All dips OFF means a 'real' start address of 1

That would have an effect like you've shown.

Archived