What Video cable?

Suzette

I need to make up a 15 metre composite video cable (yellow phono plug on either end).

The question is what cable should I use - does it need to be 75ohm co-axial cable? i.e. like a TV aerial cable.

If someone could help that would be great - and if you could supply a RS stock code number that would be even better !!

Thanks

NB Cannot use S-VHS for various reasons.....

cpc do this kind of thing for, frankly silly prices.

to put it in context, their 25m RG59 75Ω video lead with molded phonos is £2.72. 

(AV0675966)

Hmm, I thought they were good value too until I bought some (Ok, so mine had moulded BNCs but they are the same thing). The connectors were useless, they lasted exactly less than one show. So I then had to crimp decent connectors on and found the cable was cheap and nasty.

If they are going to be exposed to any sign of use (i.e. not as part of a fixed install) then I suggest you spend a bit more. As others have said VDC or Canford.

I've had one BNC come apart so far.

Then again I work with a guy who is currently touring an entire video rig made up of these leads. Next time I see him I'll ask him how they are holding up.

James

Thanks for all your replies.

I am probably going to buy a pre-made cable from VDC, just for ease.

The only bit I don't like is that the carriage is almost the same cost as the cable!! Methinks a trip to VDC to collect will be cheaper!

Archived