Going to work in Finland

klemay

This November I am moving to Finland with my Girlfriend (who is Finnish). I am a recent graduate and have been working in the industry for a few years. My main area of work is carpentry /set construction with some LX work from time to time.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done any work in Finland, or has any information or contacts they would be able to give me to help me get some employment?

Biggest thing you will find is that Finns are polyglot by nature, Finnish Swedish English and even possibly a Russian or Baltic state language.

Yes they will speak English so well you think carefully before speaking, but they will expect you to speak their languages easily. Brits often have problems with languages, esp as most of the world speaks English to some extent. Try to learn from a woman! They are less likely to teach you the rude words!

I've lost count how many shows I've done in Finland over the past years! Love the place....the mozzies in the summer are a pain though! :)

I've done shows using these guys many times Eastway. (enjoy the intro and English site is at bottom of menu on the left. They have offices in Helsinki and Turku.

Archived