Karaoke/DVD Player like thing

DMX Will

Hello everyone.

I'm on a mission to find a DVD player (can be Karaoke as well) that will:

a) show the time remaining for the current chapter on the front screen and

b) allow you to turn the on-screen display off (or not have one in the first place!)

Basically the aim of the DVD/Karaoke player is to play DVDs without the gumpf on screen so we can add DVDs properly to our VJ Show (For mobile and club work). Time remaining is a must, as I need to be able to see when to mix the next track in etc.

If it does cue points, that'd be nice too, but by no means a major requirement.

Budget it up to £800 for a single DVD playing device.

Thanks.

We have two sets of the Numark DVD01 Dual players in out main venue and I believe they play CD+G - don't quote me on that but I think they do.

They have a switchable OSD and are cueable.

They are not bad units - however I have no idea on pricing, but I would expect they are a lot less than £800!

Thanks Guys,

Just to say...I only want it to play DVDs - I don't really want a Karaoke player! Although I've put it up there as I know a fair few of the Karaoke machines these days play DVDs and might be up to the job.

Thanks again.

the numark unit is deisgned for vj use and you get two dvd players for about 500 quid, in a fairly solidly built unit. The pioneer DVJ1000 can probably be got for about 800 quid if you look about, too, and it's very very nice for vj work. £800 is loads for a dvd player!

Archived