Jem ZR12 DMX Cable?

Danny S

Hi,

Just started working at a club and everythings breaking!!! We have 2 Jem ZR12-AL's and one of them [furthest away from me ;)] seems to have a broken cable, between the controller and the unit itself. The unit powers fine but the controller gets no 'power' light on it, I've swapped controllers to rule out a faulty controller so it must be the run of cable to the unit. Problem is its structured cabling so could be a nightmare to replace but anyway. What I want to know is the type of cable I need for it, it seems to be 5 pin cable, but its not a big XLR as the cable itself is alot thinner??

Cheers!

I believe the "AL" at the end of its name stands for analogue. as I have a ZR12 DMX. the 5 pin connector is a DIN connector which is wired like this....

Pin 1 - NA

Pin 2 - Gnd

Pin 3 - NA

Pin 4 - NA

Pin 5 - 0 - 10v

this is from the manual of the martin site. have a read it should help you sort the problem.

HTH Pete

I believe the "AL" at the end of its name stands for analogue.....
It certainly does. And the remote connectors on BOTH machines (ie how the control unit connects to the actual fogger) is 5-pin DIN. The DMX variety will of course have the 5-pin XLR as in/out for control from a desk.

Archived