Truss for Starcloth Backdrop

eagerbeaver

Hi guys,

I come across this forum as im desperatly trying to locate a solution to the following problem.

Im looking for 2 x 3metre truss. I have upgraded my DJ rig and although im trying to restrict the amount of truss I use, I need something cheap but strong enough to keep my 6 x 3 star cloth backdrop standing with sag. What do you think about using single cord Aluminium truss attatched to two heavy duty wind up stands. I got the wind up stands already just after the single cord really. I been advised that when I join two single cords together it will deffo sag. Is this true or was the shop owner just trying to get me to opt for the more expensive option (trilite). Any suggestions along wid links please do help.

Thanks.

Nick

By single cord truss, I assume you mean a length of ali scaff..

At the lengths your describing, I'd say yes, it would sag, but not too much. It would sort of depend on what sort of scaff joiner you were using. A 'bottle'/internal joiner would IMO do the job.

If anything other than complete non sagging is required, I'd say go for the truss option, its designed not to sag!

HTH.

Tom

At the lengths your describing, I'd say yes, it would sag, but not too much. It would sort of depend on what sort of scaff joiner you were using. A 'bottle'/internal joiner would IMO do the job.

Just to pick up on that point, as I understand it, bottle joiners are not really designed to be used to join ledgers ( horizontal ) pipes. They are used in scaffing to extend standards ( uprights) but can be used in horizontal situations where the NO structure is required from the joint, such as tying handrails together.

Re sagging. Yes the barrel might sit ok ( even better if it was steel pipe ) but why not try getting hold of some 2 cord truss, "bilite" or similar. You can attach the top cord to your stands.

HTH

Just found today, theirs a fair bit of exhire stuff on ebay atm.

This, looks quite good.. Breaks down into nice small bits, even comes with stand adaptors!

Failing that, have a look on PSLX's ebay store, they seem to have a few bits of varying length going, not bad prices either. Hmm those lengths of slick look quite nice :wiggle:

If theres still nothing suitable on either link, just put truss into search on there and a fair few other items pop up.

HTH,

Tom

Hi guys,

thanks for all your help, theres a company called CLD distribution, ive ordered the bits and pieces of there, which should arrive tomorrow. Ill add my feedback on it when I receive it so in future if any one wishes to purchase it they can look at what I thought.

Again thanks for all replies n help

Nick

Archived