Strand designers remote

Gerry

Hi

Just got a Strand Designers Remote for my GSX.

Any ideas where I can get a handbook for the remote?

I think most of the keys are self explanatory but you never know.

Cheers

Gerry

Chapter 15 on the manual is a section on the Designers's Remote. It explaines setup and plugging up.

For Reference of what the buttons do, the rest of the manual is where you should look. They simply mimic what the buttons on the console do. There is no difference in syntax between the console and the remote

Hi

The designers remote is very straight foward to use.

You just have to change the setting of the port in the set up. Cannot remember but I think it is an RS232 serial port.

In the set up screen, you just switch the function from OFF/Printer/Remote & one other setting.

A little trick that becomes very evident.... is that when you are finished using the remote, be sure to turn the port off or to printer. You only need to do this if you are disconnecting the remote from the desk.

The reason being is that the desk tends to seize after a length of time. When you attempt to go Cue 2(start of show) and find the desk has frozen, you will know why!! The GSX is still seeking the remote & gets confused when it cannot see it.

Only way is to re-start the desk

best of luck with it

eamon

Hi Nat & Eamon

Thanks for your replies. I gathered that the buttons were supposed to replicate those on the GSX.

Just wondrered what the 2 unlabelled buttons at top left of remote do?

Also pressing ´display´gives a syntax error.

Cheers

Gerry

Archived