vision switching / recording / projectors

ayomipo

hello everyone, I am new so please help.

I am here on behalf of my church. we going to start our production studio soon so we are currently drawing up a list of all items needed.

I need a switcher with at least 3 SDI inputs and outputs(for monitors) and also we want to be able to connect a projector to display it.

we will also like to record the camera switching so they could later be taken to the studio for editing but I have no idea of how to record it so it can be edited. please give me sum advise on what is need for this and how it can be done. also I will just like to add money is not really an issue but our overall budget for the whole project is £15,000-£25,000 so please bear that in mind.

thank you

ayomipo, London

Well,

Something like the Sony MFS-2000 will produce an EDL if that is what you are asking for.

You should be able to get this in a configuration to suit for under 25K.

James

Sounds like a job for the Sony Anycast - all in one box! it has HD-SDI boards if you need them, and can record any of the inputs or the mixed output to an external HD that can simply be plugged into your edit pc when you need to edit. It has audio mixing too, and can stream the output to the net. I had one, then got rid of it because at the time it didn't do a few things I needed, so I bought something else, but for church use, they seem to really fit. They can also handle remote control cameras so you can have some with people on them, and one or two small ones that the mixer can control, which is handy - and it fits the budget.

One thing to look out for with the Anycast is that it adds a serious amount of latency to the signal. So if you are using it for IMAG (live screens in the venue as the event happens) it may look "out of sync" with the audio.

There are some steps you can take to minimise this, but it would be worth having a demo of a unit to see how it works for you.

(Virtually any mixer/switcher/scaler type unit will add some latency, but the Anycast I saw recently looked particularly bad.)

One thing to look out for with the Anycast is that it adds a serious amount of latency to the signal. So if you are using it for IMAG (live screens in the venue as the event happens) it may look "out of sync" with the audio.

There are some steps you can take to minimise this, but it would be worth having a demo of a unit to see how it works for you.

(Virtually any mixer/switcher/scaler type unit will add some latency, but the Anycast I saw recently looked particularly bad.)

thank you. is there a switcher you can recommend.?

thank you. is there a switcher you can recommend.?

I'm not too familiar with any other switchers with SDI inputs, others with more experience of them than I may be able to help.

I wouldn't rule the Anycast out completely just based on my solitary experience but I would certainly demand a demo before laying down the cash!

• 1 month later...

Datavideo does a 4channel sdi and a 6 channel sdi mixer or sytem including monitor bridges. (the 6channel inc monitor bridges and comms for around £7500) link>>http://www.holdan.co.uk/datavideo/

Sounds like u will need to Have Iso Records for the Edit (Isolated recording of each camera)and a tx record of the "live mix"

• 11 months later...

Hi,

All video processing gear puts in some delay. Its possible that the commenter saw one set up wrongly, as it is possible to configure the delay on the Anycast with audio, so its very flexible. We used to have MX50 and MX70 and there is not a huge difference between them all on the delay side of things :D

You can get an HD version now for around the 9K mark I think. I suggest you get a demo of it if you can. Sony is a professional name and stable and provide better support and resale values are higher too.

Archived