Pan and Tilt Control

SceneMaster

Which control to you prefer joystick or rotary controls to control the pan and tilt of a mover?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which control to you prefer joystick or rotary controls to control the pan and tilt of a mover?

• Joystick - Pan side to side, tilt up and down
    • Rotary wheels - One wheels for pan and one for tilt
    • Rollerball - ala Strand 500 series

yes I agree it is a bit restictive, I think it was primarily designed for club lighting, where you dont need a great deal of hands on.

would be better if there was a few more pages of sub outputs, and maybe faders instead of touch pads.

I was limited to what I bought, with a tight budget, it also had to be small, to save space I paid £1000 for it 2nd hand (had never been used) so I think it was a bargin.

I will be moving up soon, to bigger console. as I want more fixtures, and the Q-commander is limited to 16, although it has plenty more channels to controll more, but I dont like the idea of programming 20 channel fixtures, channel by channel.

at the minute im running 6 x XT160's, 2 x MSzoom 250's and 2 x colour mix 250AT's (all ROBE)

and it seems to be working fine, but yeah I would love to have a bigger console, with more toys

Archived