frog problem

MrBoomal

Got a problem with two channels on my Frog desk. When I switch it on channels 20 & 21 are at 33 and 36%. The faders are fine when brought up through these levels and will go to full but, when brought down they only fade to 33 and 36. Other desks are fine so its not the dimmers. I've reset the desk to defaults but its still the same. The fact that its two adjacent channels leads me to think that it might be a hardware problem. Anyone any ideas?

Got a problem with two channels on my Frog desk. When I switch it on channels 20 & 21 are at 33 and 36%. The faders are fine when brought up through these levels and will go to full but, when brought down they only fade to 33 and 36.

Sounds like dud faders to me. I had a problem like this with an old Jands Event desk.

An easy way to tell is by patching different DMX channels to desk channels 20 & 21. See if they're affected the same way. I'm sure others will soon chip in with more in-depth troubleshooting.

Got a problem with two channels on my Frog desk. When I switch it on channels 20 & 21 are at 33 and 36%. The faders are fine when brought up through these levels and will go to full but, when brought down they only fade to 33 and 36. Other desks are fine so its not the dimmers. I've reset the desk to defaults but its still the same. The fact that its two adjacent channels leads me to think that it might be a hardware problem. Anyone any ideas?
Don't know the Frog at all, but many desks with soft-patch can set the dimmer channels to a specified max level. Not seen one that can set a minimum, but dare say it's feasible... (Not sure why, though...)

Have you checked the patch?

I'm fairly certain that the Frog doesn't have any limiting options and definitely doesn't allow you to create dimmer curves which would allow you to set a minimum.

Could be a submaster hiding on a random page (if you changed page with it left up it wouldn't matter if the fader was down). The right output page should tell you if any subs are up.

Reset everything - including clearing the memories and patch as suggested (most Frog problems I've had have been patch related in some way...)

If you've done that - check whether the Grand Master or Desk Black Out kill the two channels. If they do you probably have a problem with the pots/faders as suggested.

If the Grand Master doesn't kill them it's not a hardware issue. You could try installing the latest version of the software - might iron it out...

Good luck!

Gareth.

If you're still struggling with this, give Keith a call on 01633 838088 on Monday and I'm sure he'll be able to sort you out.

I imagine this will be what I'll do Pete. in the past Zero 88 support has been second to none. Will let you all know the outcome. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Archived