Loctite Wizards please

Bryson

Hello all,

I have some small (M3) Allen screws on one of our cinema projectors that are coming loose all the time, so I thought to myself: I'll put some Loctite on there.

But here's the thing: there is a bewildering array of different types of Loctite, and having never bought any before, I have no idea which one I want. Any ideas?

We use a few different types of threadlock, Loctite 'Nut lock 243' is the general purpose one, 'Screwlock 222' is a slightly weaker grade usefull if you need to adjust the screw after setting. both of these are availble as a bottle. Threadlocker 248 is a medium strengh, similar to 222 but comes in a 'pritt stick type package

This Is what I would use...

It seems that all of the 'domestic' loctites are identified by colour, rather than the ID number, for example 222 is purple. It allows an easier regognition when slopped all over a machine.

Or RS 693-848 may be an option.

Which just happens to be ... Loctite 243

You will need t decide whether or not you need to remove the screw at a later stage, also bearing in mind this is on a projector, is the temperature an issue as there are specific variants for high temperature use.

I have some small (M3) Allen screws on one of our cinema projectors that are coming loose all the time, so I thought to myself: I'll put some Loctite on there.

Shakeproofs may be an option, but in my experience, many cap-headed bolts are fitted into a counter-bored hole. This may make fitting a shakeproof washer difficult.

Your mileage may differ!

Jim

Edited for an "h"

Archived