Tutorial for Strand 300

Teebird

Hi

I recently inherited a strand 300 console . I have a background in another theatre discipline , so thought I would get up to speed with a nuts and bolts tutorial. there is ecidence that there was once a tutorial on the old Strand website, but that appears to have disappeared on the new one along with any other info in that model.

If any one knows where I could find a copy of this tutorial I would be most appreciative!!

Have googled but no joy.

Many Thanks!!

They way I learnt the 300 series from scratch was simply a mixture of reading the manual and trying stuff out.

Luckily its pretty hard to really screw it up so you can just go ahead and have a go and learn it yourself. Read the manual though, contains commands you didn't even think existed... I sometimes open it now and still see stuff and think 'wow I didn't know that'

I've never seen a tutorial as such, there is the 300 series quick-start guide and the 300/500 series manual.

Strand used to produce a printed Geniuspro operators guide, which wasn't very long, and by no means exhaustive, but it did walk you through the basics quite effectively.. Dont think I ever saw it online though..

I've never seen a tutorial as such

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist ... ;) (OK, so it's geared towards Light Palette-style command-line operation rather than the direct-entry style which is more familiar in the UK - but the basic principles are all there.)

http://www.bobbyharrelllighting.com/consol...ng/support.html I believe this has the tutorial that Gareth sent you on it, but there are other tutorials for advanced programming too. (got the link from a blue room post, and I believe the Website author is also a member of the Blue Room!)

I'm part way through the automated luminaire's tutorial myself!

HTH

Neil

Archived