DBX driverack 260 checksum error

Shez

When my driverack was powered up last night about an hour before the final dress of the musical I'm doing this week, it said it was suffering a checksum error, press (a button) to reset to defaults. With some trepidation, I did, and watched in horror as it wiped all my carefully programmed presets ;)

The next half hour was spent trying to recreate the settings for the show from memory - not fun.

Anyone else come across this? The unit has been rock solid up until now but this has shaken my confidence in it a bit. Google shows up a few other users having experienced this, but no solutions or explanations.

We open tonight & I really don't want to have to mess around with it again (although I've now documented the settings to make it easier if the worst happens)

Shez

I don't know the unit, but I was just going to suggest that if your confidence has been knocked, then if you can perhaps leave the unit switched on for the entirety of the show's running dates?

It might not be possible, but if it is, you could at least get past this stage and when you have more time you could look in to it further.

Does it have the capability to backing up settings on to an external device which you could then restore from if necessary?

Does it have the capability to backing up settings on to an external device which you could then restore from if necessary?

It does have a serial interface and some winblows software to configure it. I don't have a laptop but if it'll work under linux I could probably back up things at home. Not that that would help out in the field. It came up fine last night; I'm going to see if there's any updated firmware for it that might keep it healthier in future...

Archived