Mounting mac 250's on truss?

Robertwatson

Hi there I have 6 mac 250 kryptons and a couple of other movers and am looking to change the way I use them I currently mount some on top of my hk speaker stacks but I am looking to change this. I was thinking about mounting them on some quad truss with a base plate either end. They have to be about two mtrs high has anyone got any ideas?

I was thinking about getting some booms made for them but im not sure.

Thanks

Sorry, but I'm not at all sure what you're asking. How to mount the Macs on the truss? How to erect a safe structure made of truss? And what are the booms for?

I usually mount macs on top of my speaker stacks but was looking to out them on some vertical truss which has to be bout 2mtrs high. With a base plate at each end.

Like a capital I if you get what im talking about.

2 metres high, with a small footprint sounds a bit tricky, unless you can work out how to make the stable and secure. Maybe if you can get oversize baseplates? but they'd be a to transport, unless you devise some outriggers.

2 metres high, with a small footprint sounds a bit tricky, unless you can work out how to make the stable and secure. Maybe if you can get oversize baseplates? but they'd be a to transport, unless you devise some outriggers.

Thats my problem I was wondering if anyone had come up with an idea before.

If you always floor stack the PA, then how about getting some kind of plate that goes under the bottom, then up, maybe with branches for the different fixtures, maybe even at different levels. A decent welder could knock this kind of thing up for you.

If you always floor stack the PA, then how about getting some kind of plate that goes under the bottom, then up, maybe with branches for the different fixtures, maybe even at different levels. A decent welder could knock this kind of thing up for you.

Thats a good idea but they aren't that heavy but ill have a look at it. I was going to get some truss and do like a arch with the mover in the middle but thats too much hassle.

I was sure that someone would have tried to mount them like this so I thought I would ask.

There was mention on here before of a truss endplats made onto a 1/5m square of 4mm chequer plate Perfect for the task perfectly HEAVY to carry! (anyone who pushes the truss stand is standing on the plate anyway!

I think it was well down the leave the movers out or bring them in topic!

Archived