Drum Risers?

bricummo

Hi guys,

If you may have seen any of my other posts I am in a Genesis tribute band.

the problem we have is that we have TWO drumkits, and seven piece racked kits at that!

We have a Merc Sprinter LWB Hitop, and a Transit LWB.

Are there any drum risers out there that are strong enough yet portable enough to do the job for us?

Advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Brian.

Steeldeck is about the closest you'll find to an "industry standard" when it comes to modular staging and risers, and they have a lightweight option called Stagebase - is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

There's also Maltbury's Metrodeck, which is along very similar lines.

One band came to use with stage systems q-build modular risers - 750mm2 and kind of clip together. They were stored on a kind of wheeled trolly and stacked up. I note 10outof10 sell them here

I worked in a venue which had a lot of these and while they do stack nicely, that's about the only good thing we could ever find about them. The system for locking the units together (unless they've updated it in the last year) was fiddly, awkward and to be honest, not brilliant at all. Give me Steeldeck or Metrodeck any day!

The problem with stuff like Steeldeck is that after you've got 4 or 5 bits in a 3.5T van you can't load much more without being overweight.

We use the Prolyte StageDEX system - an aluminium framed stage system that takes standard scaffold legs and is easy to more and quick to assemble yet still has a loading capacity of 750kg per square meter. Something like this or similar may be a solution.

Steve

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info! really helpful.

It's looking like something in the Revostage and Intellistage is gonna suit us.

We're gonna need to spend roundabut £1500 to get what we want I reckon.

Don't suppose anybody has any of this stuff lying around, gathering dust, taking up space in the garage . . . . . :)

Kind regards,

Brian.

• 3 months later...
Did the OP make a purchase in the end I wonder?I'm after the same thing - a collapsable platform. £1100 - £1300 looks to be a good estimate. I've used a school's Q-Build with great success. Very sturdy steel with no moving legs, etc. so no weakness points really. And a tough plywood top. (But they are extremely noisy when people are walking up and down them). And yeah it is a case of cable tying them together, although they do come with some plastic tie plates which do the job.My needs are for a camera podium so strength and stability are essential. The only thing putting me off making the decision to buy is how they stack when moving to and from the car. While loads of them stack up well, I'm only after 4. So, ideally want a system that will ride easily, with some bungee cords, on a 2 wheeled clipper trolley. Rather than a base with castors.So, I'm looking into SteelBase. Looks great and I think will be easier to store how I want it. OK, so have to bolt in the legs, but a fair compromise - can't have everything.The Revostage and Batmink look identical. A fantastic design but I am quite worried about all the moving parts and thin alluminium. Can anyone put a measure to it's "wobblyness"! H&S, etc. Amazingly Revostage advertise a Try before you Buy so I commend them for that! Have put the call in already.Let you know how I get on if anyone's even reading this?!Cheers,James.I should add, for my use, I'm talking about a good 700-900mm height, that is 1500mm x 1500mm. Anyone stood on a Revo or Batmink that height? Rock soliud, or more like surfing?!

Archived