Studiomaster Repairs

Christoff

Hi Everyone I have just found this great forum with some really good topics, with sensible answers too..

I have an old Studiomaster Powerhouse which has served me well for the past 3 years. I bought it secondhand and had no problems until recently. Every so often I lose a channel which comes back on on its own. This is causing me a problem anyone know where I can get it repaired I live in Wakefield West Yorkshire. I dont want to replace it cos the sound form this old thing is great.

Thanks

Christoff

I have an old Studiomaster Powerhouse which has served me well for the past 3 years. I bought it secondhand and had no problems until recently. Every so often I lose a channel which comes back on on its own.

This sounds a little like a bad connection. Try plugging and then unplugging a jack into the insert sockets when the sound goes to see if that cures it. I remember making up some special stereo jack plugs for our Studiomaster with the tip and ring linked which I plugged in to all the unused inserts to get over a similar problem.

Cheers

James.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice guys I tried the insert route before and the does channel does go off.

The channel goes off but you can still hear it. The channel strength indicator goes off too sometimes if you frantically move the volume slider back and forth it will come back on, other times it wont. I had it serviced about a year ago and had new volume control sliders put on.

Archived