Which Rope?

glenn@KC

I need to buy a load of rope and pulleys for a show I’m doing in September. It’s mainly for prop use but if I’m going to buy the stuff I might as well get decent rigging rope and pulleys that might help me out in the future.

Does anyone know off the top of there heads what the standard hemp flying rope width is? I’m looking at 12mm in the catalogues but that seems a bit thin. The thickness is going to affect which pulleys I buy and price so I want to get it right.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

Glenn

P.S.

Is Flints the best place to buy from?

I have personally never worked in a venue that uses less than 18mm lines.

How many lines are you looking to put on each bar?

But yes flints are good for buying somthing but I'm not sure if they do pullys that will fit 18mm.

Sam

I need to buy a load of rope and pulleys for a show I’m doing in September. It’s mainly for prop use but if I’m going to buy the stuff I might as well get decent rigging rope and pulleys that might help me out in the future.

Does anyone know off the top of there heads what the standard hemp flying rope width is? I’m looking at 12mm in the catalogues but that seems a bit thin. The thickness is going to affect which pulleys I buy and price so I want to get it right.

We replaced our 3-line hemp sets almost 2 years back. Stage Electrics supplied all the gear - 18mm hemp, which then cost us £91 for 50m.

The new pulleys were all Doughty -

DOUGHTY T42836 R/PULLEY 150kg 100mm 1Way

DOUGHTY T42837 R/PULLEY 150kg 100mm 2Way

DOUGHTY T42838 R/PULLEY 150kg 100mm 3Way

You'll of course need to get the relevant bits to secure to your grid - scaff/girder/I-beam fixings whatever.

Hope this helps.

Archived