China's Glowing!!!!

WKENNISON

On a side note, I have a question for RobOwen reguarding the optics comming from the same factory as those of martin.

CAn you tell us if this also applies that they are the same MATERIALS.. ie is the lens of the same standard.

My point being, parts can come from the same factory but be made of different quality materials for a different price.

(eg a plastic mould can make the same item from different forms of plastic with differing properties).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a side note, I have a question for RobOwen reguarding the optics comming from the same factory as those of martin.

CAn you tell us if this also applies that they are the same MATERIALS.. ie is the lens of the same standard.

My point being, parts can come from the same factory but be made of different quality materials for a different price.

(eg a plastic mould can make the same item from different forms of plastic with differing properties).

Good question. The truth is I don't know. I will ask.

All I do know is that the light outputs are comparable to the competition, and the very reason Fine Art spends the money on importing the optics from Europe is to ensure their fixtures are upto scratch with the likes of Martin/Clay Paky etc. So I would assume that the quality would be the same, especially as the outputs are so high.

Archived