Jem zr33

ceecrb1

Hey First post!!

Just got me a new job in a repair workshop of a lighting company in spain (I´m scottish).... (normally I´m a tech but got a degree in electronics so took what was offered)

got a jem zr33 thats failing to react to DMX signals.. everything works fine in manual and the LED is on showing it is connecting to DMX (even though this is only an LED connected to ground and DMXdata+....)

Ideas for where to start probing.. I´m new to repairing DMX so not 100% sure on the cuircuitry and internals..

any links for detailed DMX info???

many thanks..

colin

Hi Colin,

I had a very similar problem with a ZR22 and it was only the DMX chip which was blown, a Sipex SP485CS, which cost under £1 to replace.

If you have a look on the PCB you should be able to find a similar chip and it may be a good place to start, and cheap.

Many thanks, Damian.

I had a very similar problem with a ZR22 and it was only the DMX chip which was blown, a Sipex SP485CS, which cost under £1 to replace.

If this is the cause of the problem which sounds likely, then the above chip is the same for the ZR33 as the ZR22. One other thing to check, though I guess you have already is that the data you are sending it isn't invereted i.e. Pins 2 & 3 swapped. This would give you a DMX Led but the unit would not respond.

If this is the cause of the problem which sounds likely, then the above chip is the same for the ZR33 as the ZR22. One other thing to check, though I guess you have already is that the data you are sending it isn't invereted i.e. Pins 2 & 3 swapped. This would give you a DMX Led but the unit would not respond.

Good point, I did have to remake a wiring loom between DMX and the internal system.. will double check I didnt cross wires on momday morning..

its ok I know which chip it is and already sent my order off to RS in spain...

many thanks!!

now onto my Follow spot, Iris motor problem (for another day!)

Archived