Fog/Smoke Distribution System

charlie9830

I am looking for a fog Distribution system, for a production of Sweeney Todd (Melbourne, Australia).

The Hire company we use, supply Coemar Booster Fans but I cannot find the specs for them. is it possible to construct the system out of PVC piping?, and if that was the case, how many Booster Fans would I need?

Additional Notes:

Plan to use a Swefog Live T26 Smoke Machine.

Stage is a medium size. 9 metres deep.

The best fog distribution system I've ever used was a big piece of cardboard, painted black, with a crew member to wave it and "waft" the smoke. You can distribute smoke through PVC piping if you want it in a very specific place where you can't get a machine - just remember to leave a gap between the smoke machine nozzle and the start of the pipe; I've never found the need for fans, the back-pressure will force the smoke through the tubing. Alternatively, just stick a fan behind the smoke machine and see how you get on. It's difficult to be more specific without seeing the venue, the set, the smoke machine and taking everything into consideration, plus smoke is just so unpredictable. I'd say experiment and see what happens.

The Hydra is just a load of separate smoke machines connected to a central tank of fluid and pump. You still have to run DMX, power and a fluid pipe to every unit which is simply a smoke machine minus the tank. It's also quite expensive for what it is.

Archived