Upgrading from Carlsbro PA

jasonprice07

I have a small BEHRINGER system which I use in small venues as a solo performer (guitar/vox with MIDI backing). I find it offers enough power and flexibility for these type venues and only come in around the £650 mark ... I would recommend this system for your type of use.

You might want to add some powered monitors to it and def a different mic :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gig feedback.

The EV's performed very well, the vocals were much clearer and stood proud of the backline much more than the Carlsbro's. I had to run the amp a couple of notches lower than normal, guess that shows the higher efficency of the EV's?

I came away ready to upgrade instantly :angry: Would have gone for the EV's without question but stumbled across a 2nd hand pair of Yamaha F12 speakers. Spoke at length with the seller about my current and future needs and decided for the price they were worth taking a risk. Now have them and gonna try them out on sunday at a club my partner uses for practise. They look the part, and they weigh the part too :) .

Jason :mellow:

Archived