Which is better scanner

tomy364

Hy!!!

I`m looking for scanner in 250 or 575W range.

I have look MARTIN ROBOSCAN 918

MARTIN MX-10

ROBE scan 575 xt

SHOWTEC GENESIS 12HMI-575

I need 8 pices.

Does somebody have experiance with any item from list???

One sales manager from light shop has told me that MARTIN mx-10 250W have brighter beam than ROBOSCAN 918(575W) ROBE 575xt and showtec.

Could you help me with your experiance to make choice.

THNX

What do you need them for? What are you going to be doing with them?

I`m plan to rent it for wedings, events, banquets, party`s.

Robe 575 look`s like best buy, but I havent try any scanner except ROBOSCAN 918 and work fine.

I need your s opinion!!!

THNX

I know CLAY PAKY wasn't on your list but they're always excellent products.

Miniscan HP3's are the latest version of the HPEs and they have a great selection of gobos, on board focus, iris and effect wheel.

Contact Pulsar and they'll sort you out.

I know CLAY PAKY wasn't on your list but they're always excellent products.

Miniscan HP3's are the latest version of the HPEs and they have a great selection of gobos, on board focus, iris and effect wheel.

Contact Pulsar and they'll sort you out.

True, You can pick up these for good money second hand, alot of hire companies are selling them off, have a gander at google.

918s are rather old now, and very heavy compared to the miniscans for example. Their light output isn't too great either.

The miniscan HP3s I've used were more punchy than the 918s I've used, though it's not an entirely fair comparison due to age, wear & tear etc. if you plan to hire them out then a lighter, smaller unit is a plus, and the HP3 is about half the size & weight of the 918. Look at some of the other ones on your list too, though.

Hi,

From the list you provided I would strongly recommend the Robe Scan 575XT cracking product with a good output and most importantly they are reliable. I would second a look at the Clay Paky Miniscan, great units with a good feature list and again reliable. I have never been a big fan of Martin kit, the 918 is basically a moving mirror version of the early mac 500.

If you want 250w scanners then either the Scan 250XT from Robe or the Futurelight equivalent. Futurelights offerings are based around the Robe XT range technology as Robe originally built the products for them, however the futurelight products tend to be less reliable as they don't use the same quality parts, as Robe nor is the quality control as tight, hence why they are cheaper units for what appears to be a like for like product. Just my £0.02 worth!

The problem here is that they are rather a mixed bag. I don't know the Showtec Genesis.

With movers there are always tradeoffs. Do you want long lasting, high quality units with a decent possibility of spare parts when you break them, or do you want value for money with gadgets and decent images at the expense of lifespan. People who hire them out expect them to be tough enough to be humped in and out of venues, and well used. If it is going to be you that runs them, then you will take more care, and for the same outlay, can have more complex units, or more simple ones. So in this case, all the ones mentioned (apart from Showtec, which I can't comment on) have something going for them, personally, the 918s have always been amazing tough beasts in my experience - but it really is a choice based on what you will do with them. I've got a few chinese specials - based on Clay Paky designs - they were very cheap, but work fine - if you accept high noise levels, and poor finish then they were a good buy - but if I break one, I'd not hold my breath trying to get spares, and they could easily end up in a skip! When presented with a list such as this one of items with different price tickets, it's almost impossible to pick one for you. The good news is that both Martins and the Robe have really good reputations. the Showtec could have, but the fact that putting SHOWTEC GENESIS 12HMI-575 into Google brings back........ zilch, which sums up how much people are talking about it!

Basically I will control units and also place it with team.

I have made a list of this units because of price and it looks like this:

ROBE scan 575 xt NEW 1250€ per item

MARTIN MX-10 EXTREME OUTPUT .....800-1300€ used item

SHOW TEC GENESIS 12 575 NEW.......1100€

ClayPaky is not on my list because I haven`t found claypaky dealer in my country.

Dealers push their`s stuff and it`s hard to make right choice.

ROBE and SHOWTEC model have the same possibility, and the martin mx-10 is a bit inferior.

People told me to buy MARTIN mx-10 (250W), because it have the great optics and have a brighter beam than robe 575.

For me it`s hard to believe that is possible.

So if you have experience with that two models (ROBE 575 or martin mx-10), write your`s opinions.

I've used MX-10s a few times. While the fixture itself is more impressive to look at than most scanners, its output isn't really anything to get excited over. I can't recall having used any Robe scanners, but I've been impressed with their moving heads.

where are you located?

I`m from Croatia.

I will probably buy ROBE scan 575 xt, it look`s like best buy.

But still Martin mx-10 250W is in my head.......probably it can`t have enough

bright like robe 575....

I encountered some MX-10's the other day for the first time in action and what really struck me was the huge pan range (230deg) due to the central rear support for the mirror drive unit.

Robe are a wel respected make, well built and are giving a few " house names " a good run for their money.

I use the 575XT and like them because they are robust, reliable and I dont have to open them every week

Bob

Archived