AKG C414

Trunker

Hi,

I am after 2 AKG 414 Condenser Microphones to use for Drum over-heads and for Orchestral/Brass band recordings. I am looking to spend about £300 each on the microphones hence they would be 2nd hand (unless anyone knows of somewhere that does them for this price (very unlikely)).

Could anyone give me info on where to find these mics at this price, or anyone got them for sale?

Cheers,

Matt

PS if 2nd hand must be in full working order.

I picked ap a pair (not matched, but of the same vintage) of 414B-ULS's, with shock mounts with orig pop shields & cases, in vgc for £320 ea. on e-bay a few months back. They appear with some regularity, so keep checking out pro adio - mics.

If you want something guaranteed to work then it would probably be best to buy from a dealer. You'll be pushed to find them for 300 each although I've seen them advertised for 350 pounds each from one of the lesser known dealers (sorry - can't remember which one at the moment).

The obvious places to look would include Funky Junk and Larking's - ringing them up is often better than looking on the web.

You also need to be aware of all the different versions - if I may be allowed to mention an alternative forum I would suggest looking for 0VU's postings on the Sound On Sound forum where he describes the differences.

Cheers

James.

• 4 weeks later...
I picked ap a pair (not matched, but of the same vintage) of 414B-ULS's, with shock mounts with orig pop shields & cases, in vgc for £320 ea. on e-bay a few months back. They appear with some regularity, so keep checking out pro adio - mics.

Found some on ebay for £300. Cheers

Archived