CD-R recorders

JohnMac

Hi folks!

I've been given a cassette tape, which I've got to duplicate onto 50 cd's / cassettes. :( I've had a quick look round and have come down to either the HHB CDR830 Burn it machine, or the Tascam CD-RW700 as being possible contenders for a low cost Audio CD writer.

The big question is are they any users of either equpiment who are prepared to voice an opinion as which is the better machine.........

What's good or bad about them

Thanks

John Mac.

anyone come across an "affordable" unit that can make more than one copy at a time?

We have this funky machine at school which enables you to put a CD or DVD into the drive and it will burn copies automatically taken off a stack of about 50, and it just works its way down the pile.

It also can print onto the tops of the CDs if you buy special ones with the correct tops which is handy for mass producing you own stuff.

I will try to remember to check out the details on Monday.

Any will do the Job just as good. Tip I use if you buy an audio writer buy a rewritable audio cd, copy your tracks on to this now if you have a pc writer wap it into your pc and copy away your 50 times. using p.c discs as these are about 15p (when buying 100 or there abouts each and audio ones are a bit more expencive. you may get a few duds in your pack of 100 but for 15p who cares.

So hope this helps doing it one the cheap a bit more time consuming.

:(

I use a SmartDup from Maplin for 1:1 duping cd to cd, get the tape mastered onto cd then its 4 mins max each copy. There are 1 to 7 copiers at some computer fairs solely used for piracy. There were some 1 to 4 copiers on the sadie stand at SBES show -- used to send all the contributors a preview of a broadcast

Hi

The guys at a place where I did some work experience about a year back had a mass burner. It basicly had 6 CDRW drives in it and 2 big stacks which hold about 200 cd's each. Then u put the original in first then like 200 cd's, hit go and it will copy onto all of them in like 30mins. I have no idea wot it was called or anything but I know thay are available. Probobly cost the best part of a grand tho.

Nick

this aint advertising ok, but there are some adverts in the back of "micro mart" computer magazine, I could have a search around my collection of them, I am definitely sure I have seen 1:1 1:5 and 1:9 copiers for both cd and dvd lurking around, thats if you'd like me to of course

I just use a Sound blaster external USB sound card, that has Line in, line out, optical in, and optical out.

I record from records, casettes, Mini Disk, ect

on to my Harddrive, I then alter the sound using Soundforge, or protools (depending on mood) gett rid of all the unwanted hissing sounds, boost and compress the tracks, then burn them via the CDR drive.

Simple <_<

And the sound blaster was £49 from Argos!! :P

vince

I just use a Sound blaster external USB sound card, that has Line in, line out, optical in, and optical out.

This is a very good product and invaluable for any of you wanting to use SIAA Smaart as it solves the noise problems with most laptop sound cards. Even though the inputs are unbalanced it does give you the ability to feed the mic and line feed into a laptop.

Do not worry if you are running USb 1.0 as the delay from the processor is equal to L+R and so your results will be accurate.

I think you can buy it from PC world for £35.

The only problem I know of when setting it up for mates is that you cannot route the cdrom out of the card as it is a straight link onto the laptops sound card and not processor based.

Other than that, great bit of kit.

Archived