Keep it simple!

dave singleton

Friday night I did a Leavers Ball for 400 people. We lit the main room with tonnes of movers, LED Pars, strobes etc (and despite it looking good) the most comments were received about this:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/dillis50/th_DSCF0003.jpg

For those who want all the toys to make things look good, take a a step back and think about what you can use effectively.

I assume the pic was taken at the start of the event...what was the focus like at the end?

Was everything still parallel or did they get a good 'kicking' ? :(

Andy

After a 400-strong leavers ball of (by the end) extremely drunk students? Not so much kicked as trampled I would think :)

What type of floors/lights are they? PAR 16 floors or PAR 16's screwed to the wall. (Me thinks floors but can't see properly! :))
Would think from the size relative to the skirting that they are par 30s, and the backets seem to be vertical, so floor mounted. Will happily be corrected by Dave, or someone else who knows for sure, but they look to big for par 16s.

They are indeed Par 30's mounted on discreate floor bases. The wash is just reflections off the wall and ceiling. Cabling was done using IEC's to minimalise bulk.

Not a single lamp was blown during the course of the evening. There were a couple of knocks, so a bit of refocusing was required. To save having them totally destoryed as people left through the same corridor they were stripped out while the event was taking place. I promise not a single person was sober enough to enjoy them as they left, so it worked out rather well. :)

For the sake of dry hire costs of around £2 a Par for a day you can't really go wrong.

Archived