I need a part to complete a USB - DMX converter

Floydey

I am attempting to make the USB-DMX512 converter featured in the September 2006 issue of Elecktor but am having trouble sourcing the surface-mounting Murata 6MHx resonator, type CSTCR6M00G53-R0.

The only supplier I can find is Farnell, who sell it in batches of three but specify a minimum order value of £20.00.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Without seeing the schematic, the resonator is probably just a low cost crystal substitute, so you could probably use a 6MHz crystal, with the proviso that it may not be surface mounted, and thus will require a bot of drilling and patching to fit.

The part in question has a built in capacitance so you would need to replace it with a crystal and two capacitors which could start to take up a fair bit of space and be very fiddly depending on the layout of the PCB. To be honest I'd be tempted to bite the bullet and place a Farnell order, either make it up to £20 or pay for postage.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Hey

Yeah you would need 2 capacitors of the right values to go with a crystal.

BUT you should be able to find a 6MHz resonator somewhere else, I can't imagine that it has to be a Murata resonator to function.

RS (http://rswww.com) sell them - though they might have a minimum order too.

HTH

Chris

Archived