Music Stand Lamps

Fleeting

Hello,

We have sixteen of the new style Rat Opera Stands with Light. They take a G9 25w halogen lamp. We have got through about 22 spare lamps in the matter of about five months. They on average get used for about two weeks a months and are only turned on during show time. Also as the lamp blows they take the 3A fuse out in the plug top.

Has anybody else had the same problem? I prefered the old type when any small edison lamp could be used in a hurry (golf ball/ candle etc).

Fleeting.

Yep, as Jivemaster says it's usually the frequent moving of the stands that has such drastic effect on the lamp life. And 3A fuses will always blow with the lamp, which is not what you need at the five minute call. I took to using 5A fuses instead, which usually manage to survive a lamp blowing but still provide an adequate safety margin for more serious faults.

Have you seen the new LED fittings for RAT stands? Very sleek looking, and a much whiter colour temperature which keeps the musos happy. Apart from the percussionists - because there's no filament lag involved with LEDs, they effectively strobe at 50Hz, which creates very interesting 'rubber drumstick' effects at times! :unsure:

IMO the stands need to have LEDs and the drummer can be allowed some AA batteries for his.

Low volts lamps survive better than 240 lamps. CFL survive even better, I had a 3w CFL in my table lamp and it lasted about 3 years, which was all one night stands.

Archived