Anyone else bought an Enttec device from their website?

Chris L

Hey

Just bought a DMX - USB pro enttec interface and was happily awaiting it's delivery when this morning a little card from the post office appeared. Guess what? They want £18.73 for customs. This is really annoying as I only bought it from the enttec website because it was cheaper than from the UK suppliers. And enttec had no warning of this charge on their website.

Has anyone else found this with anything off their website?

Chris

Customs is completely separate from the supplier. It is just one of those things that most sellers assume you know when you place an international order through them. Imported items get slogged with customs. The Gov't want to make their money too.

I knew that Enttec are based in Australia, but I assumed since it was not mentioned that there would be no charge, like with Thomann (I know, EEC).

Also, it was charged in euros and did not say that it was distributed from Australia.

Really just a bit annoyed that I could have got it cheaper here, even though it looked more expensive.

Chris

Its a bit hit and miss, I didn't get hit by customs when I got an Open-USB interface from Enttec.

Mind you, have bought all sorts of things from overseas and never gotten a blackmail demand from the government.... :)

Ditto, I also brought a Open USB-DMX and didn't get stung for import tax. But then I've brought items from a supplier outside the EU before, first time I got stung for import tax the second time I didn't.

Seems like it's luck of the draw!

It has to do with the price/value of the item stated by the supplier wether or not the dreaded customs man strikes. I'm not sure what the cut-off is though.

I understand the cutoff is £18 net from outside EU, over £18 you take a chance whether C&E pick on it. Small items (letter size) tend to get through ok

Archived