cmy cyc light

David A

This is a long shot but does anyone know of a cmy cyc light or wall wash, around 150 - 250w msd, it would be the only practical solution for a job I'm working on but I can't find anything like it.

Hi David,

I don't know if you're going to find CYM in 150w head, but there must be more than a few at 250w...I'm not going through every manufacturer (you can do that), but Robe have a couple eg ColorMix 240 AT.

HTH

Regards,

Andy

How about this...Martin Exterior 200 - 150w?

Studio Due Make a version of their city color which is 150w msd.. its also fully ip rated.. I installed a load in a glass nightclub atruim many years ago.. they worked pretty well at lighting the whole place up you could see it for miles..

not sure of the link.. you will have to google mini city color..

Hi,

I was looking for exactly the same thing for a show that I have designed to go in end of next week.

I was looking everywhere for the Robe colour mix's but everyone I spoke to said that they do not hire them because of the fact that they are nearly

as much to buy as a moving head.

I have ended up hiring 2 Robe CMY wash units from Viking Lighting.

Do you need them for tempary or for an install?

Depending on where you are and what the job is try giving Ian at Viking Stage Lighting a ring as they are very competivly priced and all thair kit is in fantastic condition!

Hope this helps a little

Sam

P.s. check out this link for the Robe colour mix's

http://www.robe.cz/default.aspx?contentid=...b2-3e356457ee73

Try the SGM Palco3.

I agree though this is a led fixture so RGB not CMY mixing it has great light output from a neat little unit I hired some for an event recently and was very impressed

I was not using them for cyc washing so it might be a matter of experimenting on that front of how many units are required to cover your area

Phil

Thanks for the responses, I tried the City colour and city painter but they are too narrow an angle for this job and I think the only option may be the Martin, which I will explore today, thanks for your assistance.

The Palco is indeed RGB not CYM but it doesn't really matter (although is more efficient as it's additive colour mixing rather than subtractive) if colour mixing is all you really want. You can make it wider still by using a little frost still with a good output. As its LED its low power (150W), and doesn't get really hot, and IP65 rated. You make it even brighter if you run them on BOOST mode as well. The only word of warning is that some of the green LEDs can vary between fixtures if they were made from different batches so colour matching could take some time if you are using lots of fixtures. I used 30 of them on a show recently and couldn't use any of the colours that used green (Yellow to Green to Cyan) because the colours were so different. It is less of a problem if the Palcos are not pointing at the audience. Also dimming can be a little coarse so you may need to use some ND filter to help smooth this out.

PM me if you want the code to turn BOOST mode on.

Further to the LED suggestion, there are different lens options for the Palco which might help if available from hire. I would recommend the DTS Delta's I am using which, other than being heavier, are IMO better in every way compared to the Palco but almost certainly not available to you yet.

It might be useful if you can elaborate on why only 150-250W is suitable/what you are trying to achieve. Assumption is you need low power/low heat/close proximity to building etc?

The reason I need low power is that the venue is a church in the tropics (Broome WA) and the cyc is 12m wide and 3m drop.As it is refridgerated air conditioning which can;t cope with much extra heat.So the only option I can find is the Martin cyclo 02.The led lights I see including 'name' brands are uneven not very bright and extremely expensive, fine for blinders and panels but as cyc lights no way.

Archived