New Mic Gizmo From Sabine

p.k.roberts

Check out sabine and have a look at the 'Phantom Mic Rider' - all this for 120USD?

It appears so as I had an e-mail from a company based in the UK the other day which sells sound equipment to churches and they are offering them for sale at £90 each.

David

Check out sabine and have a look at the 'Phantom Mic Rider' - all this for 120USD?

Well, I'm sure it will be useful in some situations. Sabine have some quite well engineered products, and they've done well to get this functionality to work off a phantom supply. The current available to the mic is reduced, and most of the things it can do could be done by an engineer, but I guess that's the issue - fit and forget for that non technician install job....

I was intrigued in the 70 channel radio mic system shown on the same page. Would you use 2.4 GHz !

Brian

I don't like radio mics at the best of times, however I found these to be more problematic, with limited range and far more interference than I have experienced before even trying multiple channels with as much wi-fi and bluetooth stuff turned off as possible. I hope to avoid using these mics again.

Archived