LED PAR circuit upgrade

tvi675

Hi guys,

Just bought myself a couple of nice and cheap LED PARs but, no doubt due to the aforementioned cheapness, the dimming on them is rather.. steppy.

I've heard about a circuit someone posted on the web for an improved microprocessor with better dimming, but Google is being less than helpful in finding this and I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

Sorry can't help you with a lead for a supplier of good LED control circuitry but I too have problems with the some of the PAR64 LED units that I have and am equally interested in trying something better.

My PAR64 LED units are from that familiar unbranded eastern manufacturer ... but they are much brighter than the 153 LED units that have been about for a while. The problem I am having is with a pronounced flicker when I dim any of the RGB LEDs to <100%. So this limits the range of colours you can use and also means very fast fade in/out times. The human eye compensates quite well for the flicker but any camcorder picks it up and it looks terrible.

The supplier indicated that it was a problem with the power supply units and they shipped me replacement ones - unfortunately, these made no difference. Has anyone any ideas? I was wondering if you could plug and play other LED control units assuming they can deliver the correct voltage and current requirements to the LED array?

All the best with your search,

Andrew.

Ekij , member here , was looking at recoding the 153 LED AVR controller but dont know if he took it any further.

Guess the flickering 64 is high power LEDs, psu problem would probably manifest itself as all LEDs flikering in unison as PSU droops, flicker that only affects colour thats dimmed is probably low PWM rate, not only cheap ones have that problem....

Guess the flickering 64 is high power LEDs, psu problem would probably manifest itself as all LEDs flikering in unison as PSU droops, flicker that only affects colour thats dimmed is probably low PWM rate, not only cheap ones have that problem....

Thanks for this advice.

Archived