6x8m Stage quote

Guest minisrule192

Guest minisrule192

Hi,

I enquired about a 6x8m roof structure with walls and stage for one day and they quoted £3027. Is this a resonable price for one day?

Thanks,

Chris.

As said above, it depends.

If it is a Truss self climbing roof, which would require at least two riggers plus crew, probably a good bit of transport etc, £3k doesn't sound too bad. Especially as that's for the stage too. This sort of stuff doesn't come cheap- it's the experienced crew who know what they are doing that cost.

Guest minisrule192
Sounds rather expensive to me but it all depends on exactly what you have been quoted!

Try here for comparison :

Linky!

HTH

:D

I e-mailed them for a quite on "stage 3" and here's what it said:

Stage 3 20x24ft 4ft height fully covered £1700.00

Crew for build & De-Rig £550.00

Delivery to Barton Under Needwood £225.00

Setup start at 7am complete by 10.30am to be on the safe side.

We would travel over night & arrive by 11pm the night before Or maybe sooner ready

for start in the morning.

De-rig around 1-2am.

Also the canopy is all truss based ready for hanging light's, must use ali clamp's

for lighting.

Total £2475.00+vat.

Thats quite a bit cheaper than £3027!

Chris.

I e-mailed them for a quite on "stage 3" and here's what it said:
Total £2475.00+vat.

Thats quite a bit cheaper than £3027!

That depends on whether your original £3027 was INC or EXCL the vodka & tonic...

£2457 + vat = £2908, so not a million miles (£119) from the original.

I think the average you'll get will be between the £2.5k to £3k mark, some compays charge outrageous prices! Just finished a job and the stage alone (about 30 pieces of ali-deckwith legs e.t.c) came to £1600!!! OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

30 pieces of ali decking is likely to cost around ten grand. £1600 seems pretty ok to me for this kind of stuff, considering how heavy it is, and how awkward the stuff is to deliver and assemble.
There are cheaper suppliers. Last time I hired deck I had a 5x3m stage on 600mm ally legs for around £200 or so, I think. Was 7 off 2x1 decks plus a 1x1 filler. That was supply only, though - had to transport and rig it in-house. (Actually in a manor house - Stoneleigh Abbey - VERY nice place! :D)

If your looking for an outdoor stage you don't want to be paying much less than £3k, if you want a safe reliable job.

Like any rigging lots of people think they can do it but how many really know what they are doing.

Stages are expensive bits of kit needing a lot of storage space and have a short earning season in the UK. They also present there own interesting H&S issues beyond your usual rigging issues. You want to employ someone who can handle these issues and has the expertise to back it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I enquired about a 6x8m roof structure with walls and stage for one day and they quoted £3027. Is this a resonable price for one day?

Thanks,

Chris.

Well, we hire stages that size. Price looks about right but depends on:

When?

Where?

Do you want it to comply with UK safety requirements?

Do you want the supplier to be fully insured?

I suggest the only type of stage with roof and sidewalls that does the above on a busy summer weekend at around £3k will be a mobile stage and then the venue has to be suitable to get a big truck into

Email jane.russen@stareventsgroup.com if you'd like a quote

Good luck

RogerB

I have used this stage before for events, and the metrication of their sizes gave me 10x6 metres stage area. The stage is an inflatable roof, and PA wings can be added if need be. Obviously there is no overhead rigging, but stands and other solutions can be very effectivley used. I recall the price being in the sub £2k area, but that is possibly wrong. They will negotiate a lower price if you supply bodies to assist with the stage construction. They supplied a team of two to our events, and we supplied two extra labour to build the stage, who were then used to complete the rest of the event. The roof needs fastening down, and this has been done by using water tanks, or a trailer filled with temporary fence feet, and by tying it to the vehicle that delivers it...

If a roof without loading capability is suitable, give them a look!

Mike

I have worked with the Tega stage twice, they're based in hull but will take it anywhere in the country, again lighting goes up with it so there's not much faffing about with ladders, they can also hang PA in the wings if so desired.

unfortunately I wasn't involved in the hire of it so I'm not sure how much it would cost

Archived