Fire arms

Djbarryblue

For a stage production what you need are proper, Blank Firing, Weapons that have a sealed barrel and a special vent to allow the gas to escape.

Yes indeed, we have one of these which we use occasioanlly. I believe there are holes in the top of the barrel, since we used it on a dark stage in a production of And Then There Were None. Instead of coming out the end as in a real firearm, the flash came out the top of the weapon, lighting up the operators face and giving away their identity, as I remember!

We also have a relatively small venue, and it was very, very loud. So much so that I would consider ear protection for the stage crew.

Hi

at my college we had a few adapted weapons where the muzzle was filled and the gas escaped out of the BFA via side ports. this also allowed the pressurised gas to remain in the barrel long enough to re-#### the weapon.

NEVER use normal weapons with blank rounds on stage as they WILL Shred human flesh from (about) 5m away as effectively as a live round would. if not from the debris, then from the focussed concussion wave following the debris.

if you gain any help from the local cadet section, use their armoury as it will have been certified as safe and secure by (at least) the TA and fire marshals.

Always use weapons adapted to be used in the theatre [i.e. close quarters] with the proper vents.

cheers

andrew

Archived