Temp Electric instalation

I, being quite long in the tooth, have done bits of temp elec for one night stands before, BUT, with the march of legislation and litigation, want a SHORT course to learn properly how to do it. say a week maximum studying power distro and generator usage

Can anyone recommend a training provider, and does anyone else want to do a course like this?

Hi,

I hope I'm not just insulting your intelligence or experience here :)

The relevent requirement for this type of work is: BRITISH STANDARD BS 7909:1998 Code of practice for Design and installation of temporary distribution systems delivering a.c. electrical supplies for lighting, technical services and other entertainment related purposes. I am not aware of any courses in this field (I had a quick look in my A.B.T.T. booklet thing) although if you find one please post about it as I would also be interested in a formal course for this. If I remember correctly, the i.e.E. run a short course in BS7671 - though it sounds like you know about that already.

Hope this is of some help

Ed

Archived