Mirror effect

profbonkers

Heya! I'm new to this board so apologies if I do nething wrong... :stagecrew:

I'm producing Snow White next year, and I plan to have a "wow factor" mirror effect for the talking mirror. I had thought about a Gobo Animation unit, as I have seen elsewhere, but I can't seem to find the correct disc to attatch to such a unit for a moving face.....Any ideas where I can get one?

Otherwise, any other ideas on how to create a really nice effect using lights or projections etc.

Basically, I'm trying to steer clear of using an actor behind a gauze, as effective as this may be, it has been used and used and used over the years and I'm looking to use something a little more hi-tec

Many thanks for your help in advance

Lee

;)

Does it have to be amination ? Could you not use footage of a face. Have a play and job done.

I think its been said before but what about a latex/spandex mirror, so when the mirror "speeks" the face actually appears in the material.

Animation: everyone must know someone who knows flash, or even play with OpenOffice.org (one of the drawing packages is kind of open source flash...

One reason to do it with animation is

Basically, I'm trying to steer clear of using an actor behind a gauze, as effective as this may be, it has been used and used and used over the years and I'm looking to use something a little more hi-tec

edit: find someone with flash, OpenOfiice seems a bit complex...

also there will be some freeware animation packages out there... google is your friend :stagecrew:

2nd edit: it may help to know what equipment / budget you have at your disposal for this effect...

Hi. we did it last year in stevenage with a mirror that had front projection screen on it and a barco blasting onto it with the face on colin baker as the face. it was done by XL video, and ran off a simple dvd player as recorded tracks. was then as simple as a scroller with a blackout frame to ensure no black light spill in between.

easy and cheap way and you can run it off a laptop if needed.

Archived