IWB Length

psl

HI all,

I was wondering if there is such a thing as a standard length for a touring IWB (15a, soca.) with par 64's on it.

I'm looking to replace mine which are not in the best of conditions and have been cut down from there original size (so I can’t measure them for a comparison).

On a similar note, I'm thinking of getting a meat rack for them, anyone have any thoughts on the best place to get one (I'm currently thinking of getting the bars from andolite) and any other considerations I should be making?

Thanks in advance

Pat

I'd reccomend talking to your local lighting hire company,and seeing if theyve got any meat racks they're finished with or if not,seeing if they've got a fabrications department who can knock one up for you!

For PAR bars standard lengths are 60" (about 1.5mtr) for 4-lamp bars and 90" (about 2.3mtr) for 6-lamp bars.

Meatrack wise, we get a local engineering company to knock them up for us for a very reasonable cost to our in-house design. It's a simple aluminium frame with plate top and bottom and standard scaff bar welded inside.

Couple of things to consider with meatracks is, what are you going to transport them in (i.e. how big is your usual vehicle) and what access do the venues you usually work in have (i.e. do they need to fit through a standard single door way). I would also recommend aluminium rather than steel construction!. I've seen some hideous 8-bar racks built from steel that need 6 crew to get them up the ramp into the truck, not ideal for smaller gigs!

Meatrack wise, we get a local engineering company to knock them up for us for a very reasonable cost to our in-house design. It's a simple aluminium frame with plate top and bottom and standard scaff bar welded inside.

Thanks

I don't suppose you have any pictures of your racks or design do you?

Thanks

I don't suppose you have any pictures of your racks or design do you?

http://www.jamesthomas.co.uk/pdf-uk/meatrack.pdf

I know it's steel, but it gives you an idea of how it can be done.

HTH

Richard

Archived