120mm Fan

saturnx21

Hi all

I have a pair of Tas KP12 moving heads and one has a knackered fan, The part number is: 4E-230B-17

Its a 230 volt 18watt aluminium cased steel impeller 120mm fan. I have googled the part number and have found two manufactures but they are both based in the far east and I am desperate for a replacement (new or second hand) as I need both units running on new years eve!

if anyone has one I could buy or knows where I could get one from I would be extremely grateful! :(

:cold:

Yes its a aluminium/steel one I need as it is positioned directly over a 1200watt lamp! I didn't realise that RS would be open between xmas and new year so I will give them a try!

Or if anyone has a second hand one that works hiding in there spares collection I would happily buy it! :(

I have now looked on both RS and farnells websites and so far no luck the RS ones are plastic impellers and farnells website does not specify what the impellers are constructed from. :** laughs out loud **:

:cold:

Not sure if this is of much use... Maplin of all places!

230V Main Axial Fans

They are metal and the epoxy paint with which they are coated is designed to withstand considerable heat (some types are used to paint ovens) however the max operating temperature of these fans is 60c and to be honest I have no idea what sort of temperature tolerance will be required in this situation.

Edit: The 120mm model has a power consumption of 22watt slightly over the existing part’s power consumption, I would have hoped the control boards would be able to handle this slight increase, however I don’t know enough technical details about the fixtures you’re repairing nor I am qualified to say.

You will probably be able to find an aluiminium fan designed for computers fairly easily on eBay or a computer store. Try googling "PC Modding". What they may not be able to take is the temperature at that location. They would also run off 12VDC but that shouldn't be too hard to find as there will be a supply for the stepper motors that would be somewhere between 12-30V I'd think...

Good luck!

Archived