Strand 300 Screen issue

Ynot

Here's another query on the Strand 300.

One of our 300's has the incorporated TFT attached, and this works.

It also has a standard Strand VGA output card.

Now I've not tried this in a while, but may well be doing so during programming for the panto in a fortnight, so my mind's moving towards getting geared up for using our back-up machine in the auditorium, then transferring the show files across to the main machine for the show (saves taking the main kit out of the rack!)

As I recall, I was having problems getting both the screens working as they should. I'm aware there's a "Number of screens" option on the setup menu, and that was set to '2', but IIRC we then just get the same picture on both screens.

So - before I go down and start meddling in manuals and the like, struggling to find the section in the 4-inch thick folder (!) has anyone used this configuration before? Any clues as to the setup?

Our main machine runs fine with 2 screens, but they're both independant VGA cards in that box.

Cheers

TD

on the 300 the the vga out next to the TFt out is not a seconde out it just a clone of the tft out, for 2 screens yould need a second graphics card about £350 if you can get one.

cheeper option if your desk has network is to get an X-connect key and use a laptop as the 2nd display, if you pluged a tft into the laptop and ran the laptop dual head you coure end up with 3 screens.

ian

on the 300 the the vga out next to the TFt out is not a seconde out it just a clone of the tft out, for 2 screens yould need a second graphics card about £350 if you can get one.
Darn. In that case that explains it!! Thanks.

It's not worth investing in another graphics card - it's only a backup/occasional hire machine.

Darn. In that case that explains it!! Thanks.

It's not worth investing in another graphics card - it's only a backup/occasional hire machine.

If you would buy the designer remote usb stick, should be around 250 euro, you have a remote, but it is also possible to show you extra screens, so a laptop with an extra screen attached would give you a minimum of 2 extra screens. If you have a wireless node (wifi router) around you could use a laptop with wifi to wireless control the board.

Arjen

If you would buy the designer remote usb stick, should be around 250 euro, you have a remote, but it is also possible to show you extra screens, so a laptop with an extra screen attached would give you a minimum of 2 extra screens. If you have a wireless node (wifi router) around you could use a laptop with wifi to wireless control the board.

did I not say that above?

cheeper option if your desk has network is to get an X-connect key and use a laptop as the 2nd display, if you pluged a tft into the laptop and ran the laptop dual head you coure end up with 3 screens.

If you would buy the designer remote usb stick, should be around 250 euro, you have a remote,

But as I said in my 2nd post, it's not something I'm that bothered with if it means extra expense.

Thanks for the ideas tho.

Archived