ProTools Free

GridGirl

Hoping someone can help me out here...I want to run ProTools free on my laptop, which is running Windows XP, but of course PTFree doesn't like XP one little bit. Are there any clever people here who've managed to get it working through something like the solution devised to run the Strand OLE on XP? I can't afford (and don't need) the full version of PT, and of course none of the computers at work are running anything except XP, so I'm a bit stuck!

One thing you could do is have a dual boot PC, one boot with XP the other with Windows 98 or ME so that you can run Pro-Tools free. Another suggetion would be to have a search for a Mac OS 9 emulator for XP, which could also solve your problem, not sure if such a thing exists.

Hi. For getting Mac OS X to run on an XP machine, This is a good way to go. I use this myself and seems pretty stable to me. Its also rather easy to set up. You will need an actual copy of OS X though.

Chris. :huh:

Archived