Well Done

leofric

As I have been pottering about on my present tour I have been into many of the regular theatre size rock and roll venues. To my suprise I have discovered that at last management in some have made some much needed investment.

This got me thinking that we all are quick to moan about things and places but we don't often praise people and so I thought I would start a thread to give us all a place to do this.

So to get the ball rolling I have two nominations in no particular order:-

St Georges hall Bradford for the instalation of house motors for the front and back trusses. Anything which keeps me on the floor and out of the roof gets my vote.

Manchester Apollo for the install of a lift down to catering at long last

well done to both, please feel free to add your own nominations

Happy Christmas to you all

This got me thinking that we all are quick to moan about things and places but we don't often praise people and so I thought I would start a thread to give us all a place to do this.

this thread is looking quite empty, can't anyone think of anything good to say?

I thought I would start a thread ...

this thread is looking quite empty, can't anyone think of anything good to say?

Now, I am one who tries to keep an eye on the Blue Room whenever I can (as a moderator I feel I should have a look in any day I'm not too busy) but even I feel that 1.5 hours is a little early to be proclaming a thread as dying!!!!

It's a busy time of the year for many of us and on a Saturday evening I suspect most of our members were working (pros and ams both).

Anyway, I'm going to nominate the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury for replacing their FOH rig of 14 x Strand 2ks with 28 x S4 zooms. So very much more useful - nice one guys!

Not quite what you're after, perhaps... but we do gigs in loads of secondary schools in Manchester and normally for power we have whatever the school has installed - which varies from anything from 2 ring mains through to 3 or 4 32A single phase supplies (which is the normal maximum we encounter).

We recently did a gig/school's week in Stockport High School. I nearly fell over in shock on the venue visit when I discovered what they had installed - 4 x 32A 1p ceeforms and a 63A 3p ceeform coming from a 125A 3p breaker/distro board! Apparently it'd only just been installed earlier this year. (They also had 4 new ACT 6 way dimmers, which were suitably nice.)

So, congratulations to forward-looking people in High Schools. I know it's often a fight for a portion of budget but it made our gig /so/ much easier not to have to worry about power issues - indeed, I put in some molefays because I could! I fed this back to the teacher(s) there and I think they appreciated the positive feedback themselves.

PS Where is the lift now in the Apollo? I've not done a gig there for a year or so - but the changes they did to the toilet/dressing room SR as a 'wet room' were impressive.

I am going to nominate the Congress Theatre in Eastbourne for its new 'desk lift' which takes a Midas Legend quite happily over the seats up to the FOH position in the auditorium.

It takes the inhouse staff some time to erect the contraption, but I much prefer not having to lift the Lege all that way!

I'm going to nominate the Project Theatre in Dublin, not only for thier motorised LX bars, but also their bars can be positioned up/downstage wherever you want them (Running along RSJ's on motors).

On top of that they're a great set of guys there, had our lanterns rigged and all the bars in roughly the right postion upon arrival. :huh:

Archived