Strobe Control

Light Console

Hi all,

I have a Soundlabs MIDI (not refering to MIDI for musicians et al) strobe, which I would like to control remotely. It has a 1/4" (stereo) jack for a 10v controler but I cannot find one, not even with Soundlabs!

Therefore, I am wondering if I can control it from my Demux. I have tried all of the combinations with no joy. Anybody know what a controler chucks out, is it a pulse of 10v?

Ta,

Rob.

Thank you, cheapest controller is £55, so might hang fire, but good to know that there is one out there. I will try a pulse as well. Am thinking I could do somthing with a relay mimicing the remote lead being pluged in and out as this stops the strobe! Well it worked for my smoke machine....

If its the same controle as the Geni models its a +10V dc pulse with respect to the screen on a mono 1/4" jack. It may be a good idea to fuse the input if you intend to experiment as I'm not sure how good the over voltage/reverse polarity is on soundlabs kit, I wouldent expect the unit to draw more than 50mA from the controler.

UPDATE:

Sadly they did not have a model that can do just one flash, I think I used a Griven one once, so will look at them.

Thanks,

Rob

I used to have that problem using the pusar controller but found that by setting the flash rate to it's minimum setting, i.e. 1fps I could get a reasonably effective single flash by toggling the b/o switch on and off I also found with that controller the flash always coinided with releasing the b/o. I just thought that if all else fails, and you have no luck elsewhere you might be able to do something similar with terralec's single channel controller. B)

James

Archived